Tuesday, August 30, 2016

"Rare" Road Trip Finds

A random back yard in rural Virginia.
It's amazing what you'll find on summer road trips. Sometimes wrong turns lead to some rare finds right there in someone's yard. In my case I was en route to New Market, Virginia where my family and I were camping in our pop up camper. I made an incorrect turn (or so I thought) but It turned out to be a blessing in disguise. What I found was this group of unlikely suspects.  I think my favorite thing about this picture is that this sort of thing is a fairly normal find in rural Virginia. (I also noticed a 1960's Pontiac GTO on the way up the hill to our camp. Sorry, no pics of that one.) See if you can name all the cars in this photo above.
Driving past a car hauling truck I found this cool car in really good shape. I was of coarse intrigued and had to have a shot of it courtesy of my wife Patti.  Thanks Hun! I don't have any info on it, ie it's make, model, or it's year. Feel free to chime it. I was just taken by it retro 60's styling. My guesstimate is that it's an early 1960's Ford Classic based on a quick non-exhaustive image search. Let me know your thoughts on this car. What is it?

Found this "UFO" flying by me on the highway on a transport truck.
Notice the emblem on the lower front drivers's side fender.

A few more clues into how to ID this sedan. What cars of this era had wheel well covers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment