Sunday, October 30, 2016

Hurst Manual Shifters- Bringing Sport back in Sports Cars


Hurst manual shifters have been long sought after for their precise and smooth shifting. In both reducing the amount of throw between gears and making high quality products.  I'd like to share an inside look on how Hurst manual shifters are designed and engineered. Produced by Power Automedia (go to their youtube page it's loaded with great content) this video takes you inside the full process of how Hurst designs, builds and tests its products. I loved it! I even subscribed to their youtube channel. I've never driven a car with one of these which is why it is particularly interesting to see how it's done.
If I close my eyes and imagine I'm driving a Mustang GT equipped with this will it eventually come true?
 What do you think about Hurst? Love 'em, hate 'em, prefer an automatic instead? Write in. Your comments and suggestions are helpful.
Stay tuned (and I mean that in an automotive & figurative sense) for an upcoming Election Year special. Our presidential candidates' first wheels. You may be surprised.

1 comment:

  1. I had two of them - one in a 67 Mustang and the other was a 67 Firebird Formula 400.

    ReplyDelete